 From: W B <wbharptime2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2012 10:43 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Internationally known holiday tunes????

Iâm getting ready for my corporate harmonica teambuilding gig in
Chicago. I will have twelve executives that make up the International
Finance Leadership Team for a multi-billion dollar company. All
receive a new harp and I share the basics about the instrument. Then I
will have a simple blues backing track for them to get a feel for the
1-4-5 concept that makes up the majority of the blues genre. I will
then create teams and help them write a simple blues lyric to the
backing track. Then they will perform the songs for the rest of the
group! I have done this program a number of times and they have a
blast. This program is usually inserted into a multi day conference to
break things up and everybody interacting outside of the work place
(which in this case is worldwide) Now my question for yâall ,
especially international folk:
I want to bring the holiday season into the mix by doing/sharing a few
classic tunes, Jingle Bells, Frosty the Snowman and Deck the Halls
came to mind first. Send them home with some tab sheets. My group
will have people from France, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Munich,
Panama and of course Chicago. Are any of the popular holiday tunes we
enjoy here in USA universal and identifiable worldwide? Any
suggestions for simple song choices that may have universal appeal?

I fly out in the morning so any ideas please share ASAP. Either way I
will be fine but I always try to make each event a special event. I
want them all to fly home loving the harmonica and Warren Bee! Thanks
in advance.

WB