Re: [Harp-L] Key of ? Notes to play?

Yes to your question about 1st position C playing. Any blow holes(CEG) will be ok when played against a C major cord.
And Yes to 2nd position G, playing draw 123478 GBD will be ok when played against a G major cord.

For 2nd position G, try drawing on 6 and 9 holes as well!
The 6d and 9d notes in 2nd pos are the #2 note in the g scale. Playing the #2 note of a scale will always sound against both major and minor cords unlike the #3 note of a scale which may clash if held too long against a minor cord.

*** Mike
This music theory stuff hurts my brain ... lots of exceptions can be found to just about anything one says :p