RE: [Harp-L] slide lubricant

Assuming a 270-type slide setup, this is what I do, and I haven't had a sticky slide in years. Fill a dinner plate or shallow bowl with pretty hot water, no more than about half an inch deep. Invert the harp, mouthpiece down, in the water and work the slide back and forth vigorously for about half a minute. Remove harp, keeping it strictly mouthpiece down, and give it a damn good tapping/shaking out. Allow to dry overnight, mouthpiece down. Repeat after every long night's playing. Et voila!  Naturally, no advice is good advice...