[Harp-L] Overbow Buzz

I've been playing overblows for several years now.  I emboss the slots and
gap the reeds to make the overblows easy to play and I can pop the 4,5,6 in
and out with ease.  My question is about bending the overblow.

I'm curious to know what it happening when I play an overblow and bend the
note, it will occasionally buzz (not squeel) when I push the bend too far.
 I am under the impression that the reed is actually hitting the plate
which causes this buzz, the same as when the 1 draw bend is hit too hard.
 Someone correct me if I'm wrong and what is a good remedy besides not
bending so much.