Re: [Harp-L] chromatic mouthpiece question

Hi Jon,

On 08/25/2012 10:30 PM, JON KIP wrote:

I've just rebuilt a really good Deluxe 270..Hohner.... everything is
as it should be ... a really good horn...

The problem is that  I used a backing plate and u channel from a box
of parts that Dick Gardner sent me.... and they're made from brass.

After about six hours of playing, the brass bits turn blackish and
the slide sticks...

It takes only a minute or two to clean it up , so this will be a fine
horn, but if anyone out there knows of a remedy for brass turning
black that doesn't include me drinking something like Kaboom and
blowing it into the mouthpiece, I'd love to hear about it.

Consider having the piece chrome plated. It will also make it taste better. Sucking on that brass must be like sucking on a penny.

Later--
Tim

thanks

kip los angeles