[Harp-L] Cleaning chromatic reedplates

Periodically I use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean the part of
reedplate surface that contacts the windsavers. I am almost certain that I
picked this practice up from a tip that Sissy Jones placed online. It works
pretty well. The only problem I have with this method is cleaning near the
point where the windsaver is glued to the reedplate. If I get to close to
that point the windsaver can become bent. So when using this method I end
up missing some of what needs cleaning and occasionally I bend a windsaver.

I would like to do better. How do you clean this surface to maintain a
stick-free valve-against-reedplate surface?

MusiCal