[Harp-L] Re: Masco amp for sale

I got an email this morning in response to this post from someone named Ricardo. I'm not sure of the last name, because it came to my spam folder for some reason and I accidently deleted it before I realized the subject. Ricardo,if you read this post, send your note to me again and I'll be more careful about deleting my spam folder in case it comes there again. Thanks, Lare

--- On Wed, 8/22/12, Lare Sattler <lmsattler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Lare Sattler <lmsattler@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Masco amp for sale
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 8:54 PM

I have a Masco Audiosphere 18 for sale. Itâs a great amp,
but Iâve got too many amps and donât play that much so I decided to sell this
one so it will get the use it deserves. The gentleman I bought it from makes a
hobby of restoring old amps, so it had a thorough going over before I got it.
If I understood him correctly the amp had a modification that introduced a
12ax7 preamp section to be used for guitar. I never used for that, so I donât
know much about how it works, but the other channel works great for harp. It
can honk if you want it to. It has most of the original tubes and has had a few
modifications to make it more easily usable and harp friendly. The speaker out
was hard wired at 8 ohms to a Ââ jack and I did Âsome Âsuggested coupling cap changes per Jim Rossen
via Harp-l:

Change the coupling caps C5, C8, C9 to .1 mfd, Mallory 150 or Sozo.

Replace power tube cathode bypass cap C3, and V1 grid cap C6 with

stock values (originals probably leak).ÂÂÂÂ
Jim R

I did not change the C3 or C6 caps because they looked
like they had been changed by the guy who restored the amp. ÂItâs a great sounding amp and has mojo out the
wazoo. It comes with an $100.00 custom transport case that I had made by
Unitech case company. I also have a schematic for the amp. I thought Iâd try on
here, where an amp like this is really appreciated, before eBay. I want $400.00
plus shipping, which I canât figure without knowing where it will go. I would
think around $40.00. If interested, contact me off line at lmsattler@xxxxxxx and Iâll send pics
Lare SattlerÂÂÂ The Little Chicago BandÂÂÂ Canton Ohio