[Harp-L] General Props

I started playing blues harp maybe 30 years ago in the back blocks of
Western Australia.  Started with a Blues Harp, moved to Marine Bands then
eventually settled on Special 20's.  Listened to Little Walter, Butterfield,
Musselwhite, taught myself from books and records, did some ham-fisted mods
to my own harps, played along with whoever would have me, got a proper
career, joined a few fun bands, generally carried on in blissful ignorance

Then about a year ago I discovered Harp-L and boy did that open my eyes (and
wallet!).  Suddenly there was a whole new world out there which I had no
idea about.  Now I've got custom harps, tools to work on my own harps, new
microphones and amps, CDs and instructional DVDs, and heaps of new people to
listen to and study.

I would just like to take this opportunity to recognise and thank those
people who I have dealt with over the last year:

.         Mike Fugazzi and his Quicksilver harmonicas:  I had no idea a harp
could sound so good and be so easy to play

.         Greg Heumann from Blowsmeaway:   Magnificent mics, volume
controls, wireless systems and general good advice

.         Richard Sleigh:  Terrific tools and a great guy to deal with

.         David Payne at Elk River:  The font of all knowledge and always
ready for a chat and some advice

.         Jason Ricci:  Can you imagine watching a guitar lesson from Jimi
Hendrix on the internet and actually being able to chat with him about it in
real time?

.         And of course, all the great contributors to Harp-L.  I had no
idea such a wonderful community existed out there

Thanks again everyone.  I've got no affiliation to any of the above people,
I just wanted to use this forum to say thanks

Cheers

Mike