Re: [Harp-L] Phil Caltabellotta

 George Miklas wrote:
<I want to just add my personal note about Phil Caltabellotta.  It is a
<pleasure to perform with him.  He is one of the very best "ear" players
<that I have ever in my life worked with!!!

I heard Phil play bebop for the first time at the SPAH jazz jam on Friday night. In a word, it was great: fluent, fast, absolutely idiomatic, one of the best mainstream jazz performances I've heard on harmonica.  I'm amazed that it was done by ear--that's some pretty tricky stuff.  More evidence of a well-deserved award.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick