Re: [Harp-L] Pictures with Fritz the Harp Mic Man?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Greg Heumann <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think it is well known that Fritz Hasenpusch "The Harp Mic Man" died on
> August 5th. He was in Hawaii to record an album, and died quite suddenly on
> the trail while hiking.

Thank you, Greg, I did not know this. Who will be managing his affairs,
please?

I met Fritz when he lived in Phoenix AZ and worked at KOOL AM radio. He
studied harp with me for several months. I made a guest appearance on his
radio show, playing harp, and straight man to his never ending wit. I DO
miss him!

I play one of his wood shell green bullet mics and like it very much! He
put a gold Gibson guitar volume knob on it. And just last year replaced a
failing pot for me.

Lorna and I visited with him in his San Francisco  Bay Area home years ago,
and toured thru his amazing basement of wood blocks, ready for turning on
the lathe. I may find some photos of that trip.

Robert Hale

Spiral Advocate

Learn Harmonica by Webcam

Low Rates, High Success