[Harp-L] Re: $10 cover

My band will be playing it's first cover gig next week. I think the cover is somewhere between $7-10.
It is also the first venue where we can make $400 plus depending on how long we play there and draw a crowd.

My friend's band has been playing there for about 4-5 years now. They only play about 4 gigs a year. Barely a step up from a garage band in talent and stage presence yet
they are now paid $600 a gig there playing classic rock. It would never work if a cover charge weren't in place.

Most rock based venues in this area charge a cover. The jazz and blues venues don't. Hence the difference between making $250 a night compared to making $400 to $1000 a night or more.

Take Care
Mike
www.harmonicarepair.com