From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-L list <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:13:11 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] $10 cover!
Bob -Â
Not sure what the Hmmm is about.
The Blues Blowoff is not a SPAH event. It's independently produced and receives no funding from SPAH. However, SPAH supports it through publicity.
Rob Roy Parnell hired top-flight musicians to accompany the featured talent and also paid all the harmonica players who participated. Considering the array of mind-blowing talent that the audience experienced last night and Rob Roy's expense and effort, $10 was an amazing bargain.
Winslow
Winslow Yerxa
President-elect, SPAH, the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Harmonica Basics For Dummies, ASIN B005KIYPFS
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance