[Harp-L] Live video: Richard Hunter with Brian Maw, August 11 2012

Hi all,

I've just posted a new video of a live performance recorded August 11 with guitarist/singer/songwriter Brian Maw at a gig in Idaho.

This piece was filmed and recorded live at the South Fork Lodge in Swan Valley, Idaho, during a performance by my new trio with Brian Maw on guitar and vocals and Eli Preston on drums and percussion. The piece is a Brian Maw composition and is copyright 2012 by Brian Maw, all rights reserved.

The piece is in B minor. I start the piece playing a Hohner CX12 chromatic, followed by a Lee Oskar Natural Minor in B, through an Audix Fireball mic into the Digitech RP355, then straight into the PA. Itâs a nice sound, and pretty unusual for harmonicaâyou could see the audience at this show trying to figure out what was making that sound.

Iâm having a blast with this band using the full range of sounds Iâve put into the RP355; itâs SO much easier to use lots of different colors effectively when youâre not fighting to be heard above a pair of electric guitars and a full drum kit.

The video was recorded on my Flip; audio was recorded from the PA monitor outputs to my Zoom H4 and combined with the video later.

Enjoy. Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick