[Harp-L] Re: "Sales Of Harmonicas to be Licensed"

This looks like a joke...

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/userpix1029/4520_harmonicas_1.jpg

Actually, when I first read it, I didn't notice the dates, and thought it
must have been from the 1920's or something. What a ridiculous idea in
today's world. But, I will say this: a few years back I saw Buddy Guy, and
he was playing on stage, when some guy up front started "chirping his
meatwhistle"... I don't think anybody could actually hear it over the band,
but Buddy noticed and got a little incensed. He stopped the show and told
the guy in no uncertain terms (and a couple of rather unpolite ones as I
recall) that until people are PAYING to hear HIM he needed to put it away.
A little ironic, since it was a free outdoor concert, and nobody paid to
hear Buddy... who after his 4 (!!!) bottles of wine (!!!) actually played
very little. He basically stood up on stage and pointed to his rhythm guy
to take most of the leads. Disappointing. My left eye get to jumpin' just
thinking about it  : )