Re: [Harp-L] Historical: Just Intonation

I think everything was in JI until JS Bach came along. You could only play
an instrument in a certain key and its related modes. Any diatonic
instrument-like a celtic harp - would have been tuned to perfect 5ths. It
was nothing new, it was the way things had been since the ice age. Even
temperament was the 'new' thing. That's as I understand it anyhow.
RD

--
Rick Dempster
EÃâÅResources/Serials