[Harp-L] RE: Distorted harmonica Versus Clean Harmonica

Iceman:

"Wasn't this early distorted harmonica sound not something that was chased after (like today). but some kind of natural evolution based on cheap gear and going amplified in order to be heard, back in the day?"

Hello,

Once the effect of the wild, distorted sound was noted on the dancers, listeners and musicians, the question became academic.
I can dig academic.

And I am told that gigging musicians were using whatever they had and discovered by accident or by design just like the ones I know today.
On a budget (some bigger or smaller).

If variety is the spice of life, than time is a wastin'
And fine wine is for tastin'.

Research supports the imprint of the music we 'tribed' with in adolescence has a special place in the brain. It is fortunate that Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are still hip.

It all fits into a song called the Uni-verse.

Best regards,

Brian