To: "Harp L Harp L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 10:52 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] I am retiring

I just wanted to let everybody know I'm retiring from the harmonica scene and won't be offering any more stock harmonicas or harmonica accessories. The Elk River Institute for Advanced Harmonica Studies will stay up and I will keep adding stuff to that. The rest of the Web site will be coming down.
Once I finish up the current batch of orders and outstanding repairs, that will largely be it for me.

Anybody who has a purchased a harmonica from me, I will continue to service those instruments.

What I will be doing is continue to make some of the more unique Elk River products, such as The Bluesified Concerto or preflattened combs, altered intonations and the like. Really, the only reason I'll be doing those still is because I enjoy that so much. I was getting ready to come out with this $90 (but German) half-valved chromatic that worked really well for minor blues. But I'm not going to be selling those direct anymore, they will be sold by another dealer, who will keep some these things in stock. if any other dealer might be interested in carrying something, let me know and we can see how it goes.

David