Re: [Harp-L] Distorted harmonica versus Clean harmonica sound question

On Aug 8, 2012, at 1:28 PM, BluzeHarp@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 8/8/2012 10:07:15 A.M. Mountain Daylight  Time,
> smokey-joe writes:
> "I would think that distorted style wouldn't be apropos when playing  to
> Mozart"
>
> I disagree... a bit of JOEzart could be  quite interesting.  I double dare
> you to do it at SPAH!
>

> Christopher Richards
> Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones - harmonicaplanet.com
> Harmonica and Vocals - The Well Diggers
> Stage Manager - 2012 SPAH Convention

> Dear Chris (one of my favoritist people). Your chances of hearing me play on an evening slot at spah fits somewhere between slim and none.
I don't play there unless asked to 'share' a stage with an established player on THEIR slot. (Randy Singer, Michael Peloquin, Michael Rubin). The only time I
had my own slot was 2002. I wasn't asked again till 2011. Which I declined saying: "Better to give the slot to a youngster..it's their turn to shine".

I have played 4 Buckeyes, 2 Garden States, and 2 Cardinal States. But I got stage fright at spah 2002 and almost couldn't go on. Sooo, I'm a 'risk'.
Thank you for the thoughts though. Down here in S.W. Fla. I do ok, and rip it up. And it's probably where I belong. If you see me sitting around the lobby
at the hotel, or outside having a ciggie, you will probably mistake me for a member of the maintenance crew who just happens to be on a break.

Anyone curious as to what I might sound like, can google 'smokey joe leone' on you tube and get an idea. That's if you have time to waste. lolol

smokey-joe