Re: [Harp-L] Distorted harmonica versus Clean harmonica sound

Randy asks .

> I wonder if some of the greatest amped blues soloists like little

walter, jason ricci, william clarke, etc, would have played their signature

songs as well if they played them without distortion?

My answer to that specific question is yes, they would have played their
signature songs as well without distortion, it is just the songs would have
sounded different.  There are a lot of other questions that could be asked
like would the songs have sounded as good, would they have been as popular,
etc.  But to answer your specific question, yes I think the songs would have
been played as well.  Although folks may get some visceral feedback from
playing with a distorted sound that spurs them on to greater heights, I
think the soloists mentioned above were known to trot out their A games
either distorted or clean.

Fred S