Re: [Harp-L] Bending blow notes

It works the same way as a valved bend. The more airtight the harmonica is, the better it works. The less airtight the harmonica is, the more airy and less efficient the bend becomes. Obviously the most airtight situation occurs if you put valves on drawreeds 1-6 and on blowreeds 7-10.

________________________________
From: Ben Bouman <fitgo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Zombor Kovacs <zrkovacs@xxxxxxxxx>; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bending blow notes

It also works on draw notes, I use 9 draw ( almost) semi-tone bend more and more.
It requires a gentle approach but I feel it is useful.

I recorded a sample ..here you can hear the drawbends on a A harp, on hols 7-8-9 , played in a shirt lick.
https://www.box.com/s/c1d512fe2d05654a0816

Ben Bouman
http://www.customharmonicashop.nl/
http://www.harmonicainstituut.nl/
http://www.marble-amps.com/

Op 9 aug 2012, om 11:41 heeft Zombor Kovacs het volgende geschreven:

I knew it and have been doing it. It works if there is no other way, but it just doesn't sound good enough.