Re: [Harp-L] Bending blow notes

I knew it and have been doing it. It works if there is no other way, but it just doesn't sound good enough.

Zombor

________________________________
From: JersiMuse <jersimuse@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'harp-l' <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:39 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Bending blow notes

Hi guys,

Following a discussion on a French forum, Sebastien Charlier told us it was
possible to bend a blowing note a half step from holes 1 to 7, with a good
technique & a bit of practice, on any good & well settled harp.

I've just tried on hole 5 (on a C harp), and effectively, I can get a Eb !!
without any overblow ! (in fact, I can even bend under the Eb, a quarter
tone above D).

It is softer than the other notes, but very distinct.

Did you know that ?

Our little instrument still surprises me regularly !!!

Regards,

Jerome

www.youtube.com/JersiMuse