Re: [Harp-L] Low F Special 20s

FYI :
low harps...
I was not aware of Rockinronmusic…myself…until last week when I needed a low F# for
a gig that was 5 days away….( yes…duo mate sings in off the wall keys…)
and regular F# is too high..to do much interesting …

Be aware that the preferred Hohner product is now the Big River low harps…that have been reportedly been upgraded or  reengineered
according to the Hohner website…surprised me...

I could not find a way to get one of these or even a suzuki …. in a hurry…. so I searched all over the internet and called stores in my area…
eventually, I found a Blues Session low F# by Seydel…( I play sp 20's) …at Rockinron's.

It was on my doorstep in two days…wow…and great price…I am impressed he had it in stock and it shipped instantly.
I try to give my local store all the business I can…and get a pro rate…but they don't know what a low harp is…( my friend owns the store)

( in the past I was able to find Lee Oskars in Low F and D…at stores)

Would like to know more about the new Hohner low harps…the marketing video did not convince me that it plays better…( does it?) than old sp 20's….( they did rattle some)
The Seydel seems to play great…but I have not had it long enough to comment…it got me through the gig…( no rattle)
I almost ordered a low F# of one of the Suzuki higher end harps…but the one I tried to get did not have the F#…just F….understandable…I guess.

Not an expert on Low harps…but love the 3rd position and laying down background for duos…makes more interesting keyboard type comping too…

Grant Walters.