[Harp-L] The History of the Suzuki UltraBend

In my initial post I alluded to the interesting story behind the new Suzuki
SUB30 UltraBend. For me it goes back to 1989, when I independently thought
up the idea in New Zealand and made my first prototype, which I disclosed to
Suzuki in 1991.

The reason why a commercial 30 reed harp didn't come out soon after that was
because it turned out I wasn't the only one, or the first, to think of this
idea! Two well-known harmonica innovators who I like and respect played
significant roles in the long and winding story.

To give credit where it's due, I've written an article on the history behind
the UltraBend for this month's NHL 'Harmonica World' magazine. You can read
the article and see photos of my early prototypes here:

http://www.brendan-power.com/History%20of%20the%20UltraBend.htm

Brendan Power

WEBSITE: www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/tethnik