Re: [Harp-L] Oberblow beginner

Larry Sandy wrote:

"This week I purchased an MB [actually MS] brass comb, onto which I
flattened and installed new Big River reed plates ( because I already had a
set). I compared it to an identical factory sample and it blew the factory
unit away. Let me tell you that this harp is exceeding my expectations a
great deal. It overblows, overdraws and plays very easily- both quietly and
loud."

Larry,

I am glad to see you enjoying the comb. It is funny to see an eBay sale of
mine show up in Harp-L. It is a small world.

I too love custom combs. I buy Big River harps and replace the combs. It is
the cheapest way to get MS reed plates and you get my favorite cover plates
as well.

Derwood