Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Subject: Re: Rupert Oysler ~Video~

That's the one! This time I'm making sure to save it. It's on replay right
now on my screen --Rupert is definitely the man!

I noticed in my youtube comments (from 4 years ago), that I did mention him
 playing a Low, Low F (at least as far as I knew at the time) on his
'Stranger on the Shore' which was a really well done vid by Rupert he'd have
playing on a screen in the Seydel vendors' room. Of course he was teased
unmercifully by his friends for the supposed 'sappiness' of the video which I
(along with so many others) got a huge kick out of. I'd love to hear that
again  too if someone has it? I've searched youtube unsuccessfully.

Thanks again for this one, Dave--can always trust you to come through for
the sentimental among us.

Elizabeth

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:30:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: David  Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Elizabeth wrote:
> PS: If anyone has the  Buckeye video Dave Payne took of Rupert's playing
and
> singing 'Another  Man Done Gone' please post it? It's one of my favourite
> performances and  for some reason I can't seem to find it. Not sure if he
> played that on a  Low F, or Low, Low F but it was phenomenal.

It was on a Low C 1847 at  Buckeye in 2008, which was when/where the 1847
debuted in the U.S. I'm not sure  if Rupert had any for sale or not, it was
that new.
I had the Rupert Low C  "Another man..." at Buckeye video up and I had some
other Seydel videos up, too  and I took all those down when I started
working for Harrison Harmonicas.
So, at the time I got hired at HH, I told Bertam Becher and Rupert, hey,
I've got these vids I did you might want to keep, I'm gonna take 'em down in
three weeks, y'all can download them and repost them in the meantime if you
 want. So Bertram got the one I edited from Seydel factory footage, but
Rupert  didn't download and repost his. Then, the Seydel promo vids went down.
Then,  last fall, I got in an extended funk and deleted about 100 videos.
But "another  man done gone" wasn't one of them. I saved it, and when I
deleted everything  else, I kept a copy of it. I just put it back up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E91c9U6JWYE