[Harp-L] How do you describe the perfect harp amp? I have owned and or played through so many. What would I call the best? Up until now, the answer was a 6-10 harpking. The downside was the size. Why can't anyone make a killer harp amp that will cut through the mix and be small enough to tie on the back of a motorcycle for a gig?

How do you describe the perfect harp amp? I have owned and or played through so many. What would I call the best? Up until now, the answer was a 6-10 harpking. The downside was the size. Why can't anyone make a killer harp amp that will cut through the mix and be small enough to tie on the back of a motorcycle for a gig?
Megatone accepted the challenge. I put a tiny single ten ME-18 up against my harpking... The ME-18 won!! The harpking only sounded as good as the ME-18 when the harpking was nearly maxed out in volume. Yeah the harpking was louder BUT... The ME-18 also has a line out. Not a crappy "Y" but a true tone to the bone line out. End of game. I sold one 6-10 harpking, the other just didn't bring enough money or it would be sold too. I have kept it only waiting on the economy to bounce back.
Do yourself a favor and take the ME-18 for a test drive. You will not be disappointed.
The last point I'll make is this... Take any microphone and I do mean any!!!  You can dial it right in with the ME-18. Leave your high dollar elements at home. Dig out an old cheap mic or stop by radio shack on the way to a gig. The magic is in the amp no longer in the mic.
I love my mini ME-18 bottom line.
Eddie Martin
North and South Carolina & everywhere in the middle