From: Rick Davis
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: Harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] "starter" amp recommendations
Sent: Apr 24, 2012 2:12 PM

The best starter amp for a blues harp player is the VHT Special 6
combo amp.  It has great tone out of the box, is loud enough for some
gigging, and is very well made in the style and tradition of vintage
tube amplifiers.  In the price range nothing else is really close.

There are several article about the VHT Special 6 combo amp at The
Blues Harp Amps blog:

http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/search?q=VHT

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/vht-special-6-6w-1x10-hand-wired-tube-guitar-combo-amp

-Rick Davis