Re: [Harp-L] music in schools and colleges

On Apr 21, 2012, at 8:00 AM, David Laks wrote:

> I have incorporated the study of harmonica in my elementary music classes by integrating it into the academic curriculum.  Learning the instrument in general music classes meets the national initiatives of "project based learning" and ties well into american history from westward expansion, (Hohner's marketing strategies in the us), civil war (the instrument to off to war with) to space flight (first instrument played in space).

That's excellent David. This is a topic of great interest to me. If Warren and I win the election, perhaps we could chat about your experiences so that we can work toward creating a model others can copy?

Bob

---------
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." Albert Einstein

"The revolution will not be televised," Gil Scott Heron