Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Is there such a critter?

Based on my OWN experience (and I now own 13 CX-12's in various keys
including two Tenors), NONE of them have 'noisy slides'. I truly do  think it's
in how it's played. I play by pressing it in with the pad at the base  of my
right forefinger. I don't HIT the button.

I've watched other players and when they do hit or tap the button --therein
 lies some of the noisiness. Those who play like me by pressing it in seem
to  avoid any real clanking.

As well, when the single-piece slide is taken out for maintenance, it's
easy enough for the small spring to fall out. IF put back upside down (nearly
impossible to tell if it is or not), it will result in clanking of the
button  and needs to be reversed.

I think you need to actually try out a CX-12 yourself instead of relying on
 what other people say. Each of these harmonicas plays differently
depending on  the user and there's no such thing as 'one size fits all'.<G>

I've nothing against Seydels - have a couple now and my original Deluxe has
 a wonderfully smooth slide. But --they come with square mouthpiece  holes,
also not my favourites.

Hope this helps a wee bit.

Elizabeth

"Message: 5