Re: [Harp-L] Re: College music program on harmonica

Bob,

I think that one effective approach would be to lobby the legislature and
board of education of each state.  Could SPAH collect data on meetings
relevant to our cause by such boards and bodies, maintaining such a data
base with the ability to match up opportunities with available
representatives who would attend meetings and speak on behalf of the
S.P.A.H. membership? ...for the purpose of promoting the harmonica for
acceptance into the public school music and arts curricula?

Am I thinking too "pie in the sky" or does anybody agree that this really
can be done especially with modern electronic resources?

George

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Bob Cohen <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 11:56 AM, George Miklas wrote:
> > We need a musical revival in America where the harmonica is taught in US
> > public schools by certified teachers in each state.  College Music
> > Education majors will need to have a methods class in Harmonica.
>

> Making this happen should be a part of SPAH's operations.

Maybe it's time to give this a try?

--
George Miklas, Harmonica Performing Artist and
Entertainer<http://harmonicagallery.com/>