Re: [Harp-L] Re: College music program on harmonica

On Apr 20, 2012, at 1:48 PM, George Miklas wrote:

> Am I thinking too "pie in the sky" or does anybody agree that this really can be done especially with modern electronic resources?

Great ideas George.  Here is MA curriculm frameworks are set at the state level by the department of education. And since they're frameworks not proscriptions, individual districts have freedom of implementation. Externally imposed standards tend to incur significant inertia.

>From what I've see the best approach would be to create a pilot program and then replicate elsewhere to prove it can be applied to many situations.
This is far saner than lobbying state legislators or DOE bureaucrats. Perhaps the next SPAH president will take up this important project during his fist term?

-Bob

---------
For more information about the SPAH Election go to bobjcohen.org

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." Albert Einstein

"The revolution will not be televised," Gil Scott Heron