Re: [Harp-L] Re: College music program on harmonica

Thank so much Tony for that insight.  Wow, what a big difference
between that and North America.

A resident composer for the harmonica orchestra?  That sounds incredible!

The harmonica is probably a great instrument for the school level,
being much cheaper and more portable than other band/orchestra type
instruments.  I assume they have the traditional
brass/woodwinds/strings/percussion ensembles in the schools as well?

Do you have any idea of the history of this trend?  When did they
start having this explosion of harmonica ensembles?  Why?

I don't mean to overload you with questions - I'm just very curious.

Jason