Re: [Harp-L] Wedding gig

Nor are we getting paid like a plumber ($100/hr per person)

Thanks Jerry,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Lehmann" <gnarlyheman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jerry Deall" <jdeall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Mike Rogers" <bullfrog9@xxxxxxx>, "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 2:10:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Wedding gig

A lot of the gigs I play here in San Diego, the musicians are forbidden to eat from the buffet line, and don't get a table either.
OTOH, my wife says, if you feed the musicians, you don't need to pay them--
My experience is that the more you get paid, the less fun you will have.
I do enjoy it when I am treated well, but hardly expect it--I am, after all a professional--I don't have lunch prepared for the plumber . . .