Re: [Harp-L] disinfecting harps

Dr. Antaki, I'm glad you chimed in on this. How much of Junior Johnson's 80 proof moonshine would be needed to disinfect an unsealed Marine Band? My thoughts have been a covering of all internal surfaces would do.
Funny you should mention scotch, I spent some time a few years ago experimenting with bourbon and found the old timers might have been on to something with a quick dip of an unsealed pearwood harmonica into bourbon. When it dries, it fills in pores to some degree. If one let's a few drops of barrel aged whiskey dry on a flat, hard surface like a plate, it's a bit easier to see what it does.

David
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Sent from my iPhone