[Harp-L] disinfecting harps

I've actually given this a great deal of thought, and conducted research in which I cultured the bugs before and after various modes of disinfection.
Cutting to the chase, my favorite high-tech solution is ozone.  It gets into all the nooks and crannies, and does not involve any moisture. It kills most everything, and only takes a couple of minutes.  If you're interested, I would refer you to the shameless commerce division of turboharp website. (http://www.turboharp.com/Products.asp?tid=17)

My favorite low-tech option is a dilute solution of chlorine bleach - approximating the level of a swimming pool. But be sure to rinse thoroughly afterwards.  H202 is also a good option. In a pinch, mouthwash like chloraseptic is a backup option, as is ethanol for that matter - preferably in the form of 25-year-old scotch whisky.

Turbodog