 From: Cara Cooke <cyberharp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: The 'other' side of Hohner from a satisfied customer

It does seem to be getting to be a bit much.  I agree.  If it weren't for
Hohner's stable business practices and marketing strategy, many of us would
have never had a harmonica to play.  For decades, Hohner was the only brand
of harmonica available in certain parts of this country.  They can be slow
to adopt new ideas, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't
listening.  In this competitive market, they must listen or they will not
survive.  So far, they are surviving, so there must be good customer
service and products being obtained by at least as many as those who have
felt they received poor customer service and products -- probably more,
since this community is pretty vocal when it is dissatisfied and it is not
disconnected.

Personally, I think that most of the major manufacturers are doing a pretty
good job on their products.  Any that do not, will not last in a
competitive market.  I am glad that we have the choices we do.  And I am
grateful that Hohner, Seydel, and Suzuki have been such ardent supporters
of SPAH.  I don't see all of the manufacturers at the convention every
year, but these three seem to have a presence of some sort at each
convention -- even with customer repair service, when it is available.  I
feel they are all laudable for their attention to their customers while the
convention is going on.

Cara

.