[Harp-L] disinfecting harps

Rube, while I am sympathetic to Dave Payne's use of 'shine, or alcohol, my approach after a bout of flu or such is, I put my harps (mostly sp20's, so plastic combed) for a few minutes each in a hydrogen-peroxide/water solution, about 50/50.  Since I'd also be going through them for tuning, gapping, and general cleaning, I take each of them fully apart for immersion, then wipe 'em dry, thus there's little or no residual moisture upon re-assembly.

But some moonshine would be nice for other purposes!

-Dave Fertig
[Harp-L] disinfecting harps
        	Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:26 PM

            From:
            "Steven Rubenstein" <srube@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        	To:
        	Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
After
 recovering from being ill(cold flu), I was wondering if anyone knows
how to disinfect the harp so you won't reinfect yourself.  Anyone have
any ideas.

Rube