Re: [Harp-L] PC Program

On Apr 5, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Hal Iwan wrote:

> I'm looking for a program like Garageband(for MAC) but for PC for recording harp with jam tracks. Also, what is a useful mic for this application.

Hal,

I have Garageband on my Mac but use Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. It's free. It works on Windows and Mac. It has many freely available effects. It's not quite as pretty as Garageband. But I do like it. Did I say it's free?  Check out this goofy multi-track thing I did back in '06 called "The Old Grind." http://www.bobjcohen.com/dl/theoldgrind.mp3.

I played through a Fisher-Price Pack-n-Play with its toy mic. All the tracks were recorded with my iSight camera's built in mic. I was experimenting with junk equipment to see what was possible. Yeah, Acid Blues from a guy who never took any, who knew.  You of course, can use more sophisticated equipment and better quality control. Contact me off list if you get it and run into any challenges.

Bob

"The revolution will not be televised."
Gil Scott Heron