From: Matthew Smart <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 8:51 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] volume issue

There is a great blues club in atlanta called Darwins (if you are ever
there) and the blues jam on thursday nights is just wall to wall packed.
The band leader Maurice has a great Sonny Jr amp setup with a custom
bullet. Its a harp players dream. And, when the opening band plays its just
perfect volume, sounds great. THEN, the other guitar players come up (using
the same amps) and its a gradual increase in volume everytime someone new
comes up. By the end of the night we are all hanging on the back deck
because its too damn loud.  I dont understand this. Maybe they are deaf
from turning up all the time? At least blues, in my opinion, should not be
so loud, otherwise you can't here the little tasty details.