Subject: [Harp-L] How to Reply

I don't like hitting reply or reply all - since it can cause problems. I
get the list in Digest form and can't count the number of people who've been
quoting the entire previous digest when responding which makes it extremely
 difficult to find one's spot in the current one and sure wastes bandwidth
(imho).

What I do is simply highlight (scan) the person's entire post I'm
interested in, click 'edit', open a 'Write Mail' - then click 'paste'.

The post now appears in your email ready to be sent. I usually  then type
MY response message above it.

Depending also on the length of the original post you can backspace or scan
 and delete to cut its length - especially if there are multiple
attachments.  It's easy enough to add a '(snipped)' at the top.

It's safer to leave the Send to and Copy to boxes empty until you've
completed, signed and checked your post for accuracy - something I failed  to do
on my last post.<G> Noticed a typo after it was too late. Rats! (I  don't
use spellcheck).

Then scan the individual's email addy and put it into whichever of those
two boxes you prefer IF you're writing directly to that person, and
_harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)  in the other.

There are rules as to the number of cc's but I don't honestly remember how
many.

Elizabeth

"Ok I haven't done too many posts here and I have always wondered....How do
 I reply to someone else's post or who has replied to one of my  posts?
�
Cheers,
Joey Anchors"