[Harp-L] ABC of Blues box set -- what a deal!

I picked up a box set called ABC of the Blues: the Ultimate Collection from the Delta to the Cities, which contains 52-CDs and "more than 100 legendary artists" at Elderly Instruments store in Lansing Michigan. Elderly also has a web site.

Each CD is in a cardboard sleeve that lists the tracks (about 20). The box cover and each CD sleeve  features a black guy wearing shades playing a Hohner Marine Band Deluxe. The price: $99.99.

That's $2.04 for each CD! (that includes Michigan's  6% sales tax). Other outlets sell it for a few bucks cheaper.

 The box is 10 1/4" X 10 1/4" slightly less than 2" thick. It has an 4-page flyer advertising the Master's of the Harmonica and the Hohner youtube web site. Also included is a 2 5/8" long German-made 10-hole Hohner Puck harmonica  in C. (It bends just fine!)

A 28-page booklet includes the liner notes about each performer (which have several errors)  and is casual about recording dates.

While I would have included more ragtime guitarists and more harmonica players, the box set covers a wide range of blues artists.

And the price is right.

Phil Lloyd