[Harp-L] Re: IBC Tips

I'm not a fan of music competitions but have been to Memphis for the IBC a few times.  As competitions go, this one's pretty well run. I always had fun, met lots of folks, and advanced my music. My tips include:

1. Don't let three judges ruin your time. One never knows where the deaf/blind/corrupt judge is lurking. You got 90+ bands for free, Memphis, music, this should be a slam dunk great time no matter what.

2. Create a kicking show with beginning, middle and end, at least 5 or more minutes under the allotted time so you're not worried about applause, personality and inspired play. (bring extra, tested, harmonicas).

3. Get out in the day time with harmonicas, camera and promo materials.

4. Walk to the Civil Rights museum. It's a nice walk, gets you off Beale Street, then there is the Iconic Motel where Dr. King was killed. There's inspiration.

Enjoy,

Clay

----------
Find most of  my Music, Designs, Photography, Ropes  Course information at
http://www.tostmusic.com
http://www.claygoldstein.com

Music:
http://www.tostmusic.com/harmonica
http://www.tostmusic.com/songs

Visuals:
http://www.tostmusic.com/visualDesign/index.html
http://www.tostmusic.com/photography/index.html
You Tube: A Toy Soldier's Story" - http://youtu.be/0z9JqS1PU6I
Harmonica Serenade: http://www.tostmusic.com/harmonicaserenade/
onesock.com: http://www.tostmusic.com/onesock/index.html

Experiential Learning  — Ropes/Challenge Programs
What is it?    http://www.tostmusic.com/images/experientialBrochure.pdf
Florida:
Team Solutions, Florida: http://www.teamsolutionsfla.com
Florida International University: http://trac.fiu.edu/
Florida Atlantic University (Go Owls) - http://wise.fau.edu/ropes/
Missouri:
The Leadership Ranch: http://www.leadershipranch.com
Contact me for other Experiential Learning and Ropes Course options around the USA.

Clayton Goldstein
(417)894-4434