[Harp-L] Re: Behringer DD400 Guitar Delay Effect Peda

Robert Hale Wrote:
"both pedals have one fixed delay at a time. DD400 at least has several modes
(delay range) but as previously discussed, you will mix the echo level
higher with short (slap) than with longer echo.

Knobs are manual; when they get bumped in transit, you must reset your sound
again. Digital memory retains your settings until YOU change them.

No tap tempo. Save your money. Unless YOUR SOUND is always a
short slap echo, all the time.

You will be intrigued with it for a while, then trade up. (Buy it for less
than you can immediately sell it for on Ebay. Play with it, sell at a
profit, and move on, having had a good experience)
A multi-FX processor will give you years of subtlety and growth"

Actually, the DD400 has several "unadvertized" functions, including tap-tempo and multi-delay. To access the tap-tempo, you hold doselfwn the pedal while in bypass mode until the light blinks, then tap to the rythym and away you go! To access the multi-tempo mode, you get out of bypass, adust the dials for the first tempo, then press and hold the pedal and adjust the dials again while you hold down the pedal. Once you release, you will have both tempos set. There are other great features of the DD400 that IMO make it a great stand alone delay unit, especially at it's price point ($30-35). Read more of my review about it at this MBH post (I just picked one up for myself): http://www.modernbluesharmonica.com/board/board_topic/5560960/2012103.htm

Oh, and I agree with Robert that multifx units are great. I own an RP155, and I love it. But there are times when you need an external stand alone delay unit, even when using a multieffects pedal. That's why I bought the DD400.

Cheers,

~Isaac