[Harp-L] freelance graphic design

Elance.com is the site we use to outsource all our graphic design needs -
lots of talented people, good rates.  Odesk.com is another one, and I am
sure there are more.  Graphic design work is one of those
professions/services that has been commoditized of late.  If you go the
outsourced route, you do need to have a "vision" or idea for the person.
Be sure to agree upon a set # of revisions or changes and negotiate the
rights to the original files (like an eps or an adobe illustrator file
rather than just the PDF).

Good luck.

Drew

I have a friend who has very generously hooked me up with SWEET posters
for
> my band Groove Stew. However, I stumbled upon some solo gigs recently
and
> want something different. My friend, who does graphic design for a
career,
> is unfortunately not going to be able to help me out in the near future.
>
> I know nothing about graphic design. Zero. I mean like nothing. Anyone
> know
> of any good resources?
>
> I have an idea of what I want, at least the start of one, but no way of
> doing it myself.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen