[Harp-L] Re: Happy 90th Birthday (Sept.2) and the GSHC

Thanks to  Danny G. for sharing those wonderful videos of Stan Harper's performances at SPAH. I know it's especially
meaningful to those of us who couldn't make it this year. Stan is really a harmonica treasure and we at the Garden State
Harmonica Club are proud to have had Stan as an honorary member for many, many years.  As it so happens, Stan's
birthday takes place the same month as the 40th Anniversary of the GSHC.  Our club decided to have a special Anniversary
party at Trumpets Jazz Club and Restaurant and to include Stan in our festivities.

On Sunday, September 18th we are inviting club members and friends to attend this gala celebration starting at 2:00
and ending at 6:00.  This will be a harmonica show of Open Mic by anyone who wishes to get up on stage and play
their harp. Right now people are asked to prepare 2 songs and to email that to Pat Maturo at: pat1215sunking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A professional pianist will be available to accompany you.  Of course, there will be delicious food as part of the package.                                       The cost is $22 for members, $27 for guests if paid in advance ($30 at door) that includes a choice of 3 entrees, soft drinks,
 a champagne toast and cake(cash bar).  Among the attendees will be Stan Harper, Phil Caltabellotta, Enrico Granafei, Gary Mettler
and more.

The event will be held at Trumpets Jazz Club at 6 Depot Square in Montclair, NJ. Visit: http://www.trumpetsjazz.com orhttp://gardenstateharmonicaclub.org for more details or you can email me at: gshcsunshine@xxxxxxxx

The GSHC decided to start off the Fall season with this Anniversary Party and we will continue celebrating at our forthcoming
39th Festival held from Nov.3-5 at The Ramada Hotel and Conference Center in East Hanover, NJ. This will also have a pre-festival
kick-off (a la Jason Ricci style) on Nov.2 at Trumpets. It was very successful last year and we decided to do this once again.
Information about the performers is available at Bassharps International Gig List.Some of the performers included at this festival are
Rob Paparozzi, who will host our Nov.2nd night at Trumpets, Stan Harper, The Harpbeats, Hal Walker, The Hotshots and more.
Other details will be made available including some information about  of our seminar/workshops.  Danny G will be our vendor
and Daron Stinton will be representing Suzuki at the Festival. Hope to see many of you at both events!

Val Redler,
President GSHC
Co-Chiar with Phil Caltabellotta