[Harp-L] help with minor positions

so thought I'd ask the experts. My band does quite a few tunes in A minor, and I've been playing std. 3rd position on a G harp and want to branch out and learn a new position for some of these songs. Kind of bored with the same old licks and patterns. Oh Death is one of them, and tunes like Walk On Boy, Death Don't Have No Mercy etc. I love third position harmonica for minor tunes, but I either need more variety in what I play in third position of a new position that will sound good but totally different. I always worry that the band mates will get bored with my chops if all minor tunes sound about the same.

Would 5th position be the next most logical position to learn for minor songs? or would 12th be better? or?? Any tips on where on the octave to start. I'm a play by ear kind of guy and have a pretty good ear for what sounds good and what sounds bad, but just looking for some quick tips.

Thanks

Ross Macdonald
www.sassparillapdx.com