Re: [Harp-L] Room Full of Wind

Absolutely enjoyable. Remove the competition from the mix and the vibes mellow out for sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: clayton goldstein <clay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 7:30 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Room Full of Wind

I hope this doesn't infringe on gig promotion restrictions but ...

The South Florida Blues Society's "Room Full Of Wind" Harmonica Blowoff is this
Sunday afternoon at Cheers, on Oakland Park in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. It's
produced by the SFBS volunteers and its president Blues Bobby Weinberg.

What's always been special about this event is that it is always a great
exhibition, not a competition. Competitiveness sneaks in, but knowing many of
the players, they competitively try to bring something unique or authentic to
the day and represent their voice, since the harmonica is so "vocal."

This multi artist event (more than 10 players doing 15 minute sets) is unique
from the American Idles and Battle of the Bands. As a harmonica fan/player, it
is always a blast, no "judges" to muck it up.

I thought it deserved special notice in case there are harmonica fans not in the
Blues Society or out of that "loop."

Clay

Find most of  my Music, Designs, Photography, Ropes  Course information at
http://www.tostmusic.com
http://www.claygoldstein.com

Clayton Goldstein
(417)894-4434