[Harp-L] Harmonica Workshop this Fall (corrected)

.........oops sorry about that last email...the links should all work properly on this one....RP,-)

Some of you may have seen this post already so apologies in advance for the
plug and extra bandwidth here on harp-l....

The workshop is filling up nicely and we will limit it to 20 people, this
should be a really productive and fun weekend and we are already looking
into workshops in San Diego and Portland, OR and maybe Texas. I had the good
fortune to study music and harmonica with Bonfiglio in the 70's and from
there I was on my way and eventually took over for him at The Turtle Bay
Music School in NYC where they had a curriculum for our instrument. It is
also much fun and an honor to teach side by side with him and we look
forward and hope you'll join us in our journey.....thanks, Rob P

(Here is some info about Alison & Steve Katz who are hosting some amazing
workshops at their Studio in the Connecticut Berkshires)
http://www.alisonpalmer.com/artist.html

A Harmonica Workshop
with
Robert Bonfiglio & Rob Paparozzi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiAyLwqVmyY

October 22-23, 2011
10AM-5PM

Called "the Paganini of the Harmonica" by The Los Angeles Times, ROBERT
BONFIGLIO has dazzled audiences at Carnegie Hall, the Hollywood Bowl,
Kennedy Center, Boston Symphony Hall, Lincoln Center and throughout the
world with his ability to play harmonica concertos and turn right around and
“sizzle” on the 'Blues'. Robert has been a concerto soloist with leading
orchestras around the world and has worked under some of the world’s finest
conductors. Robert Bonfiglio got his Masters degree in composition from
Manhattan School of Music and studied composition with Charles Wuorinen and
Aaron Copland. He also is the Founding Director of the Grand Canyon Music
Festival.

New Jersey-based frontman, singer, & harmonica player Rob Paparozzi has been
a blues performer since 1967. But Rob’s at home playing a wide range of
music, ranging from rock to blues to jazz to pop. This versatility is
reflected in the long and remarkably diverse list of major artists Rob has
worked with. Rob has been touring the world with the “Original Blues
Brothers Band” and “Blood Sweat and Tears” as Front Man-Lead Vocalist and
Harmonica. In 2008 Rob debuted his first solo CD, “Etruscan Soul” which has
garnered worldwide acclaim and airplay since its release. Rob's Broadway,
movie, and television credits are also extensive. Rob has achieved the
status of “master” on his chosen instrument.

Includes a Saturday Night Jam!

Come join Rob Paparozzi and Robert Bonfiglio, two master harmonica players,
in a very special two-day workshop held at Steve Katz and Alison Palmer’s
beautiful art studio in the gorgeous foothills of the Connecticut
Berkshires.

The workshop will cover:

-Everything from tone, phrasing, corner switch, speed, vibrato, dynamics,
all scales and arpeggios, how to practice, etc. – you will come away playing
the chromatic.
-Techniques for developing 'tone' on both chromatic & diatonic harp
-Relating music theory to enable improvisation beyond the Blues
-Transitioning from diatonic to chromatic harmonica
-Session harmonica techniques
-Skills for playing in a band setting - how to accompany singers
-Basic harmonica repair and uses of overblow technique
-Mic techniques and tips for live and studio playing

We will use play along tracks as well as guitar and piano to assist us.

There will be a limited amount of students - registration will be on a first
come, first serve basis, so SIGN UP SOON!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ABPYVE5XCNRDE

The fee for this workshop will be $400 for the weekend. If you are
interested in securing a space, please e-mail Steve Katz at
spoonrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Steve will then confirm your reservation. On
receiving your confirmation, please mail a deposit of $150 (made out to
Alison Palmer) to: The Alison Palmer Studio, PO Box 686, Kent, CT 06757. The
remaining payment of $250 should be mailed to the same P.O. Box address by
September 15.

Please e-mail us for lodging recommendations or more info.

The Alison Palmer Studio
48 Stone Fences Lane
South Kent CT 06785
spoonrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx