[Harp-L] Marshall class 5

I used an old shure 520, a non descript jt30 with a old but hot crystal, a turner 254 and a 520 dx

I sometimes like a sm57 but I didn't test it with it as my 57s were all on loan for micing up a friends gig

The amp has groove branded el34 and 12ax7s. So seemingly stock specs.

I do stand several feet back when playing but even still feedback was easily a non issue.   I suppose it could be luck.

As for it not being liked there for guitar. I think they all are pretty firmly in the fender camp. I play fenders mostly as well. For guitar I thought it was lacking but for low watt british amps I already have a orange tiny terror combo and an ac15.

The tiny terror makes for cool harp tone but not great. Kind of clippy and feedback prone. Lacks the internal fine tuning of bass and Mids. But for guitar it completely nails 70s hard rock and over driven blues at bedroom volumes.

Sent from my iPhone