RE: [Harp-L] Shadow Of Your Smile, Diatonic Harmonica Jazz - YouTube

Hi Randy,

Funny, I was about to congratulate you & Filip for your last impro on
youtube, including very interesting licks, in a very good, friendly, and
cool spirit :-)

Thanks for your support.
You give me the opportunity to precise that this kind of cover is just an
exercise, nothing more than an exercise.
As you point out, the idea is to work and learn from other instruments, to
become more and more a musician.

I'll tell you something.
There are quite a lot of great jazz musicians in my area.
I don't want them to think "hey, I need a harmonica player, so I'll ask
Jerome to join my next gig". Because in that case I would never be invited.
I want them to think : "hey, I like what Jerome does on his harmonica, I'd
like him to join my next gig".
I'm not sure it makes me a musician, but at the end it surely gives me much
more opportunities to play with great musicians.

BTW, here are other covers :

Chet Baker, Autumn Leaves : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1lb5he6ds

Charlie Parker, Ornithology : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWc7Bf79do

Best regards, and thanks again for your time & message !!

Jerome
www.youtube.com/JersiMuse